Friday, June 15, 2012

August it is...

So, I figured that today I would take a break from wondering about the Loch Ness Monster's sex life and the other crap that usually runs through my head and instead jot down a few thoughts about the upcoming book.

For those of you who are unaware, the good folks at Immortal Ink Publishing have been good enough to get behind Infernal Machines and we are pushing through with an August release date. So here is the first of many times that I will be linking to their launch page.

http://www.immortalinkpublishing.com/books.php?id=13






At this particular moment in my life it feels like I'm stepping off of a platform into space. I mean that in the very best way, I'm beyond grateful for everything that has happened, and at the same time I have no idea what's going to happen next. It's really pretty crazy.

This is probably the most serious and straightforward that I'm ever going to be on this blog, but I really wanted to get this out, because I get the feeling that more and more people are probably going to be checking this page out as the book gains momentum. So, I just wanted to put out to anyone and everyone that comes here that life is a pretty amazing gift provided that you make sure to take advantage of every day that you get.

The truth about me is that I've had my fair share of bumps in the road. I've worked about every kind of crap job you can imagine, from pest control to telemarketing to bouncing at strip clubs, which might sound kind of fun but it gets tiresome. Trust me. I've been homeless, too. In fact there was a 5 month period where I lived in a pick-up truck with my dog. Anyway, all of this stuff pretty much blew chunks while it was happening, but I wouldn't change it on account of how it got me here.

And here is a pretty good place to be. Like I said, I don't know whats about to happen.Infernal Machines may sell a million copies or I may labor in anonymity for the rest of my life, but I'll never stop writing. And if you're reading this and you have something in your life like that whether it's writing or playing the harp or interpretive dance or even tax accounting then wake up every day and go after that shit. And then go home and give your family a hug.

Later y'all

2 comments:

  1. As a not so innocent bystander, it's been very intresting to watch the evolution -even just that part of your life I've been in. You're an amazing writer, and I'm proud to be your first reader.

    ReplyDelete