Sunday, December 16, 2012

In Advent of the Zombie Holocaust

So in 5 days a bunch of Mayan Zombies are going to crash an invisible planet into Earth and take away all of our bath salts, or something like that. That's what I've heard anyway, from various sources over the Internet, which as everybody knows, is never ever wrong about these sort of things.

Looking back, I'd say we've had a pretty good run. I've enjoyed my time with all of you very much and I hope that you've had some fun whenever you've stopped by. I'm sorry I didn't post more pictures of boobs, or cats, or cats with fake boobs actually never mind that last bit, it sounds pretty fucking horrible.


(This was the least weird image I found once I started going down this particular road.)

On the off-chance that this whole Apocalypse thing is a hoax (it's not) I had in mind something a little bit different for this blog for the next year (which is dumb, when you think about it, on account of the whole "Earth exploding" thing"). It started with a story that I worked on for most of the earlier part of this year and then kind of just stopped all of a sudden. It was a story, appropriately enough, about a Zombie Holocaust that occurs in a dystopian future. If you're wondering why I didn't see the story all the way through to its natural conclusion, look to your left, and then to your right. Wake up both of those people, the ones whose eyes glazed over when I said "Zombie" and passed out from boredom as soon as they heard "dystopian".

The truth is, no matter how good a writer may be, this particular sub-sub-genre has been done to death, and beyond. It's like a dead horse that got so tired of being beaten that it got up and started biting people until somebody shot it in the head. Then the people it bit died, then woke up and started biting other people, and on and on, ad nauseum, ad infinitum...

On the other side of the coin, my goal with any project I work on is to approach the subject matter from a new, different angle. And perhaps more importantly, I had a lot of fun working on the zombie story. So if you're interested, check out the next post I put up, later today, called "Cowborne". It's the 1st, and most polished part of the story. Yeah, it's kinda long, (about 30 pages or so, as the crow flies) but the nice thing about blog posts is that you don't have to read the whole thing in one sitting. Just make sure you finish it up by the middle of the week, before, well - you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment